Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Slacker: Someone who puts off doing things to the last minute, and when the last minutes comes, decides it wasn't all that important anyways and forgets about it.  (Urban Dictionary)

Yes, I am a slacker but let me tell you it's not by choice.  Usually by the end of the day when the kids are asleep I sit down to write, take a deep breath, and lay my head back for just a minute....  only to wake up an hour later.  How does that happen?!  I mean I used to pull all-nighters and go for weeks on very little sleep.  During the Ball State years Brian and I would sit in the dorm living room area and talk all night, go to our rooms, then wake an hour later for an 8:00 class.  Seems like just yesterday...  I can't believe it's been 13 1/2 years since we met!  Could it be I am getting old?  Nah.

I publicly declared my devotion to this blog and it's been over a week since my last post.  So, after much consideration, and being the first month of the year and all, I have evaluated my life and decided on a short list of goals for the year 2011:

  1. To be more consistent as: a student, an educator, a homemaker, an employee, and a parent.
  2. To obtain some sort of time management skills, because I have none, which will make it much easier to accomplish #1.
  3. To be slow to anger
  4. To enjoy the new beginning Brian and I have in our marriage and keep working at it.
  5. To read my Bible everyday  

Cheers to the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment