Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Monster

There's this pile.  It resides in my basement, the unfinished part of the house that contains a storage area with a few pieces of furniture, some dusty boxes of old high school trophies, awards, and my sacred letter jacket.  Also, since it's sort of a nice big area, the kid's school area and desk units, my creative corner and library, and....  the pile.  It grows daily, the slobbering angry mutant, and despite my desperate efforts it can not be tamed!  I try hard to work at it everyday but with small children it's so hard to get away for even a few minutes.

So... temporarily, I have given up.  It's against everything I believe in, but the monster has taken over and I have unfortunately succumbed to the demise of my self sufficiency...

I've contemplated using a laundromat but in fear of becoming the laughing stock of the place, with my van crammed packed full to the ceiling with clothes, I've permanently removed it from the list of options.  Well there's not really a list.  My only actual hope is winning the lottery so I can afford Merry Maids, if they even do laundry... or anyone who does laundry...   Does anyone out there do laundry?  Because I need you.

2 comments:

  1. I'll bring my three kids over and let them play and do your laundry anytime! I'll even fold your laundry and put it away if you will cook me dinner :)

    ReplyDelete