Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Twilight Zone

Here I sit...  with the most amazing headache I've had in a long long time.  Thank goodness I ran around like a mad woman cleaning and organizing the Christmas clutter last night.  (I need to pause here to go blow up some chickens in the game Chicken Blaster)  Whew!  That felt good!

It was sort of a Twilight Zone morning.  I woke up groggy, to an immaculately clean house and quiet kids who were playing nicely together.  It was so surreal I was tempted to go back into my bedroom, close the door, and re-open it to find that there was indeed cereal on the floor and milk spilt all over the table, violent bloodshed between the siblings, and a baby who doesn't seem to mind removing her pullup and pooping on the floor.  I chose, instead, to savor the sweet harmony in the house and love on my kids.

`

No comments:

Post a Comment