Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Oh Snap!

 This is Ani's favorite thing to do.  What you can't see in this photo is that she is wearing only her blanket, a common sight in our house.  Another reason we use cloth diapers.  If I had to pay for every time she dribbles in her pullup and takes it off, we would be broke!  

That being said, I also refuse to buy disposable diapers for the new baby doll that poops and pees.  What happened to imagination?  Can't we still pretend that the baby is peeing or pooping?  That makes so much more sense to me...

  This morning I broke out the sewing machine and my most favorite sewing tool, my snap press (yay!), some rubber ducky flannel, and some elastic, and made a baby diaper. 

It turned out to be way more complex than I had originally planned...  Issue #1, I only have navy blue thread, not white.  Issue #2, the feed in my sewing machine would periodically not move and created some ugly thread snags.
This is my snap press!  It weighs about 25 lbs and lets me put snaps on everything.  Yes, everything.  I love snaps and labels and organization by color, numeric, or alphabetical order...  whew!  Better stop before I get too excited...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
The end result



And it fit like a glove!

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, those are awesome! I'm thinking you should could have a future product!

    ReplyDelete