Thursday, December 23, 2010

Epic Fail

Those words echoed off the walls in my living room as Ethan, my oldest, announced to his sisters, the dogs, the cat, and just about anyone living nearby, that my attempt at making homemade candy canes was a disaster.   I mean trying to roll strips of hot molten sugar before it hardens is almost as difficult as trying to spread grape jelly!  And for those of you who have no difficulty spreading grape jelly, well... you can't possibly understand my frustration.  

Pressed, folded, and smooshed - not rolled - candy canes.
Strips of poured hard candy that hardened before I was able to work with them.  But...
It was the best ever after-naptime snack for little Ani
If this blog was well established and if I had a lot of faithful followers, I would totally have an ugly candy contest.  I'm sure there are those excellent home cooks out there that have epic failures of their own.  I would ask my readers to submit their ugly candy photos and, since in my little fantasy here I would also have some sponsors who would periodically donate prizes, I would have a little giveaway to the ugliest candy photo.  Now, wouldn't that be fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment