Sunday, June 19, 2011

What day is it?

I woke to a loud booming thunderclap, my heart thumping and my head so dizzy and full of congestion...  The clock reads 9:26.  Is that morning?  Night?  The sky isn't indicative of either.  I am rubbing my temples now trying to figure out even what day it is but there's this anxious ache in the pit of my stomach.  The animals are quiet and that is shocking in itself.  Kids!  Ok there are two next to me in the bed but they are sleeping.  I drag myself out of bed and stumble.  The dizziness is extreme and I am having trouble walking.  One more kid is sleeping in the living room and two in their bedroom.  That makes 5.  Kids are accounted for.  Brian wouldn't be here either way.  He had part time at night and district in the morning.  Finally, i find my cell phone and look to see that it is Sunday morning.  I haven't slept this long in...well I can't remember when but it's been a long long time.  I must have an ear infection for me to be this dizzy and out of sorts.  That along with the sleep deprivation I've been dealing with lately.  Well, I'm going to lay here I guess, until the kids wake, and hope for a lazy Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment